A day in the life of a mermaid: Blair Road and Cake Spade Singapore

Its been years since I last wrote something or even open this blog of mine and now I will push myself to catch up. I went to so many places and I have a lot of backlogs since then. I will be posting about my recent adventure. For seafarers like me, port stays are the best especially if you have a chance to go and explore the place where you dock. Luckily for me, I have the luxury of enjoying the outdoors. Given that, I do my research before I go out in order to maximize the time I have for shore leave. There are times that I want to go out to eat, do some small shopping or just to stay in a coffee shop. But nowadays, I am fond of looking for "Instagram-worthy" places to explore and take photos. Also, I search for some need-not-to-miss coffee shops around the area. I found an article at Cosmo and try to visit the places one by one. I had been to half of the 8 hidden places mentioned in the article but I think I need to go back to some places like Little India to take more photos.

Another amazing thing is that I have found a shore leave partner, my college block mate who is working in Singapore. Considering that we had different group of friends way back college but still manage to connect here in Singapore.

First we went to Blair Road, where I thought we would find some shop-houses but we only found a cafe. Blair Road, a collection of interesting, well-preserved and colorful houses in Outram Park area.  Some of the houses are also under renovation. I also expected to see some street arts but we only saw two of them because the weather is way to hot, we only did a few sight-seeing.

This is the first cafe we saw at the beginning of the road. We didn't went inside though. 



There are also houses which offers free books, just take any book of your liking. 






Each house has a unique design that'll make you want to pose in front of all of them.






Even their cars have something to say.
One of the two street arts that we saw. The other wall had a car in front of it so we didn't had a space to take photo.


It is so hard to take a photo together when there's only the two of you, you would rather ask a stranger to take it for you or put your phone on a platform and set it on timer. Luckily my friend is so imaginative and she made it possible, well, after 10+++ attempts hehe!

After Blair Road, we went to Cake Spade, a coffee and cake shop on Tg Pagar Road. Prices are quite reasonable for the taste. You will not regret your visit there.





It'll be my friend's birthday this month so our visit to Cake Spade was her advance celebration. The cute cake topper cost $5 and they have a wide selection of cake toppers to choose from.

We ordered two cakes and 2 iced lattes. This is a slice of their red velvet cheesecake.

This is oreo and red velvet cake.



I found this nice stairway along the buildings beside cake spade which leads you to a wedding photographer shop. This is a hit in Taiwan which me and my husband did four pre-nuptial shoot. I will post it soon after I finished my backlogs.

After our journey to Cake Spade I went straight to St. Teresa's Church then off to the Philippine Embassy in Singapore to attend a monthly Filipino mass and to meet some friends.





It was such a productive and an enjoyable day. Good thing my shoes didn't failed me. 
Shoes: Mango
Dress: H&M
Bag: Michael Kors




Comments